Well, I got tagged by
Sandra Eileen - I'm supposed to list the top 5 blogs that I admire. I've been blogging for about 3 years, and never been tagged before. But now it's happened, and I feel obliged to participate. Of course, I felt obliged to go to the prom when someone asked me to, also, and I didn't enjoy it one bit. But this is less painful, and I'm not expected to grapple in the back seat afterwards, either. So here goes, in no particular order:
- Iggy, over at the Nattering Nabob. This is where I get my daily dose of politics without all the excessive proselytizing of other blogs. You either get it or you don't - if not, Iggy's not going to waste time trying to convince you, nor is he going to explain it to you. Plus, he has a wicked sense of humor.
- Timmy Cannibal, at Blogs Get Slaughtered. Not for the timid - Timmy says it like he feels it, and he doesn't care who he offends. He's the voice inside your head, screaming at the idiot in the supermarket who's blocking the aisle with their cart: "Hey, asshole! Maybe if you spent more time pushing the damn cart and less time blocking the aisle while you fill the cart up with junk food, you wouldn't be so FREAKIN' FAT!" Also provides a link to his late, lamented, doo-doo blog. (Definitely not for the faint of heart.) I have Timmy's picture taped to my bedroom ceiling.
- Shak, who used to be called The View from the Blender, but appears not to have a name at all now. Nonetheless, his is my favorite of the Live Journal, diary-type of blogs. He whines, he curses, he sobs, he laughs, and he manages to be entertaining as hell the whole time. And he does it all with an accent that he swears isn't Australian. Where else are you going to find all that?
- The Dilbert Blog. Not what you'd expect. Very rarely about office politics, Scott Adams' blog is one of the funniest and most intelligently written ones I've run across.
- Last, but most definitely not least, Sandra Eileen. An uplifting, articulate writer whose blog goes well with that first cup of coffee; a very talented jewelry artisan; and owner of possibly the world's cutest puppy! Check out some of her beautiful handcrafted jewelry, and then grab a cup of coffee and head over to her blog - she's 50% less annoying than Katie Couric, and with none of the calories! (Well, come on, as sugary as Katie is, she's got to be going straight to your hips!)
4 comments:
Thanks. Gave you one back, partially in the hopes that NMAWIID starts rolling again, even though you're actually making money.
I love the crafting work on the side! :)
Ah, and "the view from the blender" is the title of my Friend's page. My actual page title varies. Currently it's "as long as I can dream, life is glorious" which is a far leap from the actual content as of late, but hey. :P Figure it's just Scribblette, really. Sounds like a regurgitated omelette of scribbles and all.
You are too, too much Jordan - come on, only 50% less annoying than Katie - are you sure? I better reconsider my blog style.
I've got to check these other guys out, you may think I'm all peaches and cream - well peaches and skim milk I guess, given your comment about my lower calorie count - but like my high school creative writing teacher always told me, "Still waters run deep Sandra, but you just never know where they're going."
Hey, I just favorited your blogs, both this and the other, with technorati or whatever it is, check it out on my blog. You will get more traffic in if you favorite some, so you can do Iggy and Scribblette, etc.
Post a Comment